Friday, January 21, 2011

The TWINS have arrived!!!

Beckham & Turner decided they wanted to make their appearance a little early... so at 32 weeks, here they are! With an extremely crazy weekend leading up to the birth, we're just so glad that they made their debut safely. Long story short, I started having contractions the Saturday before they came & was 99.9% sure my water had broken. We go to the hospital, and they send us back home and tell me to just take it easy. The next two days are filled with terrible back labor pains and cramping all day Sunday & Monday. So we decided to go back in Tuesday. They check my water first thing, and sure enough, it had broken! The goal was to have me on hospital bed rest for a couple more weeks and take them at 34 weeks, but the boys had a different plan. So at 7:30 that night (after LOTS of super fun contractions), they took the boys out by C-Section. Everything went very smoothly, and we've been blessed with two beautiful, semi-healthy boys. Turner Kent (3 lbs. 7 oz.) was born at 7:56 p.m., and Beckham Tyler (3 lbs. 14 oz.) was born at 7:57 p.m. Both measured in at 16 inches. We couldn't be more thrilled!!!

First bath for Turner
Beckham with Mom & Dad
Turner holding Dad's finger
Turner with jumbo binky
Beckham with his jumbo binky

4 comments:

  1. I love them. I can only imagine how you feel about those little guys. I'd love to come see you and them, but don't want to impose. Let me know when you're feeling up to it and when would be an okay time. We're just down the street from the hospital!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Berth! Love the pics! They are so stinkin cute! Can't wait to hold them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude, these lil guys look great! I don't know how you tell them apart already, but I'm sure you'll have some fun wristbands or anklets to have them wearing soon. I can't wait to get down to UT and see these guys FOR REALS!! :-)

    ReplyDelete